Final Long Run of the Week, Memorial Day BBQ and The Education of Love

>> Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yesterday morning I completed my last long run, (10 miles), before the half-marathon next weekend...yay!  I won't say the run was a piece of cake, but I wouldn't equate it with a root canal either.  And since I've been running 10 to 13 mile long runs for the past several weeks, I think I'm ready for the race...ready as I will ever be at least! 

Then in the afternoon we had several good friends over for a Memorial Day BBQ.  The weather was just perfect, Kevin smoked some pork and we had potato salad and tomato salad and cold slaw and gooey brownies with ice cream...yum!  Also, Kevin pulled out several of his specialty beers and our friends brought some over too.  Have I mentioned my husband is a beer collector?  Well, if I haven't...let's just say Kevin has more specialty beers in our second fridge than Imelda Marcos had shoes!  Seriously!!!  And these are not your run of the mill beers...oh no, they are rich and flavorful and very, very strong.  And some are highly sought after within the beer community.  Anyhow, without going into specifics, let me say I may have celebrated too much and at this moment I am very happy our remodel construction has not begun yet, just sayin'.

Any-hoodle...let's get on with today's post.  So, I've always loved learning...reading books, going to lectures, being a student, the smell of a library...you name it, anything that has to do with education...I love it.  Even when I was a little girl I used to imagine myself going to Harvard or Yale or some other Ivy League school...before I discovered how much they cost of course.   I'm not entirely sure where this love of education came from.  Maybe it stemmed from being the daughter of a teacher.  Or maybe, as Oprah said on her final show, maybe learning is my talent and I need to find a way to work that into my profession.  Hey, maybe I already do...by passing on my knowledge here, however small that may be.  Then again, maybe not!  But a girl can dream can't she? 

Anyhow, whatever the reason I do love the books.  And so do today's featured engagement couple.  Elise is in grad school to become a dentist and Jeff is a trial lawyer practicing outside Atlantic City, NJ. They met in undergrad at Duke University in Durham, NC and chose to do their engagement shoot at the Duke Homestead and Brightleaf Square.  Elise brought props (like textbooks from school!) and yummy cupcakes and champagne.

Elise and Jeff will be married on March 10, 2012 at Duke Chapel.  Congratulations you two! And thank you Carolyn Scott Photography for sharing these images with us.


Okay, I have to stop to say how much I LOVE, LOVE...LOVE...LOVE the image below.  Oh...Elise and Jeff, you look stunning and so in love.  This image is is to die for!!!

Soap-box removed...carry-on ;-)


Photography:  Carolyn Scott Photography

Venue:  Duke Homestead and Brightleaf Square

Submission via Two Bright Lights

How was your Memorial Day?  Did you celebrate too much as well?  And...any thoughts on these images?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Eddie Bauer Weekly Specials: A New Deal Every Monday.  Check Out This Week’s Special Offer.
Free shipping at JackRogersUSA.com

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP