Wedding Inspiration: Whatever you do...don't forget the details!

>> Tuesday, May 17, 2011










































I once went to a wedding where the couple planned a lovely event in a beautiful location on a ranch near a pond with gorgeous flowers growing all about.  The bride wore an exquisite gown and looked simply stunning as she walked down the isle and the groom was dressed in a handsome tux with a big smile as he watched his bride come nearer.  All of their attendants looked very nice in their outfits as well and everyone carried or wore beautiful arrangements of flowers. 

Unfortunately....that's where the planning seemed to have stopped.

Now this is not to say I believe I am above this couple, as I am not.  I planned my own wedding on a budget...but I did not forget the details.  And I think if you are going to go to the trouble of creating a lovely environment as stated above...then you should go to the trouble of paying attention to the things your guests might notice as well. 

Let me explain.  When my husband and I arrived at this wedding, it looked as if there were two weddings happening at the venue, yet there were no signs directing us which was which.  We ended up following a group of people ahead of us and eventually found where we were supposed to be, but it would have been so much better if there was a sign or something telling guests where to go.  Next, as we walked passed the outdoor reception area to get to the ceremony location, I looked quizzically at the tables which were already set because I noticed the table cloths were square ones on round tables and not a stitch of the fabric was touching the floor...so the entire metal legs of each table could be seen clearly.  Really? 

At that point we ran into a couple of friends and we all walked down to the ceremony location to pick out some seats.  Unfortunately the old, rusted half metal and half plastic chairs had been set out early, maybe even a day early, and no one bothered to check them before guests started to arrive.  This again was unfortunate because almost every chair was covered in bird poop, so much so my husband actually went back to the car to get something to wipe our chairs off with.

I wish I could say that was the last of the forgotten details, however that would be a lie. Needless to say I will never forget that wedding...unfortunately for all the wrong reasons.  Of course, as one who works in the wedding industry I would probably pay more attention to details than most.  But I'm sure even Uncle Ed was probably shocked to find bird poop on the chair he was expected to sit in.

So here's my advice...don't forget to pay attention to the details.  We all know there's a lot that goes into planning a wedding so delegate some things to your friends or family.  And I'm not saying you need to spend gobs of money, not at all...there are plenty of DIY ideas you can gain from this site or many others which will leave your guests greatly impressed and thinking you spent a lot more than you did. 

Above are some examples from one of my favorite low cost weddings...mine!  See, even budget weddings can be beautiful.  And...the table cloths go all the way to the floor, just sayin'.

One more word of advice, don't scrimp on your photographer.  I reserved half my budget for our photographer just because I know how important it is to have images like these.  Because in the end...your images are what you will have to remember your special day.

Have a Fab You Bliss Tuesday!

Photographer - John Partridge
Phone number 949-395-3799
email:  john@johnpartridgephotography.com

Cupcakes - Yummy Cupcakes - Tiffini Soforenko
Phone number 818-558-1080 
email t.soforenko@yummycupcakes.com

Flowers - FlowerMaid - Ines Garstecki
Phone number 310-305-8992
email info@flowermaid.com

Catering & Day-of Coodination - Jerry Bernat
Silver Service Events
310-923-4730
818-368-4912
http://www.silverserviceevents.com/

Venue: My aunt & uncle's home in Pasadena, CA

1 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing May 17, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

I adore that ring hshot! It's amazing!!

And brides, don't forget the details! White on white on white needs some inspiration, like the pictures above! :)

Post a Comment

Eddie Bauer Weekly Specials: A New Deal Every Monday.  Check Out This Week’s Special Offer.
Free shipping at JackRogersUSA.com

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP