An Off Beat E-Session + The 4th in a Half-Whole House

>> Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July to all my American friends...and a happy non-holiday same-old, same-old Monday to the rest of you...not to make you feel bad or anything.  I'm sure there are plenty of holidays that you have where we are working away and you are out celebrating...so it all evens out in the end.

Anyhow...let's start this Fab You Bliss holiday off with a bang.  Here's Caroline & Jon's spirited engagement session submitted by Della White Photography via Two Bright Lights.  I love it when couples infuse themselves into their photographs, I mean there's nothing better than finding the perfect place to shoot a couple that will allow them to be themselves and have their personalities shine through.  Here's what the photographer had to share about this fantastic couple.

Caroline & John wanted to do their engagement photos somewhere different so they asked if I knew of a place with graffiti. We went to a nearby abandoned powerhouse and got some unique & fun shots!!  

Another really fun thing about this couple, after 8 years together they planned their May 28, 2011 wedding as a surprise to all their guests!  How fantastic is that?  There's no rule saying your wedding, or engagement photographs, have to be traditional.  It's YOUR wedding...do what you want.  Personally, I love the idea of a surprise wedding...what do you think?                 


Photography by Della White Photography:  Venue: Abandoned powerhouse in Riverside, CA:  Submission via Two Bright Lights


Alrighty then...moving on.  So it's the 4th of July and the kitchen cabinets are primed and prepped for painting and the guys wanted to come back today to work some more but BC and I, (mainly me since I've been working with these guys banging around for the past two weeks), have declared this holiday to be a construction free zone!  I just wanted ONE day where I didn't have to wake up super early to open the door for them, one day where I didn't have to skip my run...(although I'm still not sure I'll get that in)...one day where I don't have to constantly watch Quinley to make sure she's not malling the poor workers with her tongue or worse, escaping out the open front door.  I just wanted one day to relax.  So then what do I do?  Invite a couple of friends over...isn't that what you always do when your house is a messy construction zone?   

I swear I don't know what I was thinking, except that we can see the fireworks from our backyard and with Quinley and their dog Pebbles, it just seemed like the best place to hang out to let the dogs roam away from the crowds at the beach.  I'm just glad it's nice out as we will for sure be spending the entire day on the patio or in the backyard. 

So...I better get to trying to make this place somewhat presentable.  Here's a shot of what the kitchen looks like as of this morning.  Yep...that's right, no sink!  I promise you we will be making good on our Costco supply of paper plates, plastic cups and utensils :-)


...and here's Quinley's sad face...


...because she just tore "Jerry" the Giraffe's head off and Mommy took it away.



Have a Fab You Bliss Monday everyone!  And a happy & SAFE 4th of July :-)

xoxo

Stephanie

2 comments:

Sara July 5, 2011 at 5:41 AM  

I LOVE Quinley's sad face. Too, too, too cute!!

I can't wait to see the kitchen finished - it's looking gorgeous!!

Anonymous,  July 7, 2011 at 6:56 AM  

I love the graffiti - it makes such a great backdrop!

Post a Comment

Eddie Bauer Weekly Specials: A New Deal Every Monday.  Check Out This Week’s Special Offer.
Free shipping at JackRogersUSA.com

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP