Wanting a Vacation From Vacation + A Fun & Super STYLISH Chicago Engagement

>> Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Day-after-4th-of-July everyone!  Do you feel as drained as I do?  Whew...I feel like I was hit by a Mack truck and not because of drinking anything, rather the day itself was just exhausting...but in a good way.  Like the way you feel when you come back from a really fun, go-go-go vacation...where you kind of feel like you need a vacation from your vacation, yeah...that's how I feel today.  Anyone else feel that way?

Maybe part of the reason I'm so tired is because yesterday was the only day we had off from the construction workers being here and they are set to show up in t-minus 45 minutes and counting.  Uh, 44 minutes.  Must type faster so I can get out of my PJ's and ready for their arrival.  Ohhhh....I can't wait for this work to be complete!  Besides the fact that I just want my old schedule back where I can wake up, work for a little while, go running and just do my own thing without having to worry about being ready and somewhat decent when the workers show up...it will just be nice to be able to cook and believe it or not, clean, in my own kitchen again.  Funny that I'm actually looking forward to cleaning it.  But I am!

Anyhow...moving on to today's engagement session as I'm sure I sound just like that friend who won't stop talking about the guy who broke her heart...the one she mentions every 2 seconds whose name you can't stand by now.  Yeah, I'm that girl.  So I promise not to mention this construction again...that is until tomorrow of course.  Thank heavens it will be over soon, right?

Alrighty then...meet Kristin & Andy, photographed in Chicago by Jenna Davis Photography who submitted their super fun engagement session via Two Bright Lights.  Jenna tells me Kristin & Andy did a great job styling the shoot themselves and by the looks of it...they truly did!  I love engagement shoots like this that show a fun a relaxed side of the couple, picnicking in the park followed by a stylish, modern look in the city.  And there are so many simply fantastic shots here I can't pick an absolute favorite.  However...I'm seriously diggin' the subway shot taken through an opening of a seat in front of them.  Beautiful shot Jenna! 























Photography by Jenna Davis Photography:  Venue: Downtown Chicago: 
Submission via Two Bright Lights

I'm kind of in love with the last couple shots too!  Super stylish.  Kristin & Andy, you are gorgeous!


PS...our friends J & A came over yesterday and brought their little dog Pebbles who looks like an itty-bitty-tiny-little thing compared to our mammoth-monster of a pupp.  Anyhow, I thought this shot was cute of Pebbles stealing Quinley's toy so I thought I'd share.






























...and here's a shot of the fireworks show which we watched from our backyard.  Not bad to live right behind a place where they set them off :-)





Have a Fab You Bliss Tuesday!

Hugs,

Stephanie

3 comments:

Natalie {Bayside Bride} July 5, 2011 at 9:56 AM  

I love the shots on the train! Fabulous!

Spun Sugar Suite July 5, 2011 at 12:45 PM  

Loving the kiss under the umbrella! What a wonderful engagement shoot, all the photos are stunning and it looked like they had so much fun!

Alicia@CharityWedding July 5, 2011 at 5:39 PM  

I feel exactly the same as you!! Also I am pretty sure you don't have to look cute for construction workers. The more haggard the better probably! :) This shoot is beautiful! I love the black and white images.

Post a Comment

Eddie Bauer Weekly Specials: A New Deal Every Monday.  Check Out This Week’s Special Offer.
Free shipping at JackRogersUSA.com

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP