A Belvoir Winery Wedding + My Circa 1990's Day Planner

>> Monday, June 27, 2011

It’s funny, with all the fancy techno-gadgets and gizmos we have these days for keeping track of schedules and being all…well, organized and stuff, I almost...(and I mean almost in the smallest, tiniest, itsy-bitsy grain of salt kind of way), feel bad admitting I still really like to keep a hand written calendar in an old fashioned, straight from the 1990’s Day Planner.   I know…go ahead...make fun...call me “old-school”.   Beef Cake thinks I'm nutso, but he's a SUPER techno geek so I don't think his opinion on this matter counts.  Besides...I AM nutso, everyone knows that...but it's not because of my pre-historic calendar keeping methods.  Don’t get me wrong, I am all for technology…I mean I think I’d die if I didn’t have my cell phone, computer or...heaven forbid, access to Twitter or Facebook...seriously, what would I do?  The thought of that, being completely disconnected...so foreign and scary.

Anyhoo...the reason I bring up my circa 1990 Day Planner is I need to go get a new one and I found it funny that yesterday after having looked for one in two different stores...I couldn't find one.  Then I thought, do people not write anymore?  Which kind of makes me think, maybe this method will be obsolete soon.  So I decided to ask you, my friends, your thoughts on the matter. 

What do you think?  How do you prefer to keep track of your schedule?  And what about wedding planning...do you go for the super easy everything in one place software style or old fashioned hand written in a keep sake book? 






















Photography by Heather Brulez Photography:  Venue:  Belvoir Winery:  Catering:  Affordable Catering:  Floral Designer: D'Agee & Co Florist:  Dress Store: Teresa's Bridal Boutique:  Heirlooms and extras: Rosebud Lips:  DJ: Professional Sound Service:  Submission via Two Bright Lights

Amanda and James were married on May 21, 2011 at Belvoir Winery in a lovely outdoor ceremony with gorgeous yellow roses enhancing the beauty of the grounds and blissful glow of the bride.  Heather Brulez Photography provided these amazing photographs via Two Bright lights which show the happy couple tying the knot just weeks before James was scheduled to leave town for his U.S. Army position. 

I'm loving the little touches they put into all the details, the wine cork place card holders, the wine bottles used for table numbers, the candy station and the oh-so appropriate U.S. Army Grooms cake.  What a lovely wedding!

Now getting back to my circa 1990 day planner, what do you think?  I'd love to hear what quirky obsessions you have.

Have a Fab You Bliss Monday!

Stephanie 


1 comments:

Spun Sugar Suite June 27, 2011 at 12:25 PM  

Beautiful wedding, all the little pops of yellow are so fun! I absolutely love the flower girl's floral crown... precious!

Post a Comment

Eddie Bauer Weekly Specials: A New Deal Every Monday.  Check Out This Week’s Special Offer.
Free shipping at JackRogersUSA.com

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP