My Dog...Smarter Than a 3rd Grader + A BRIGHT E-Session at a Tulip Festival in Ottawa Canada

>> Friday, June 17, 2011

Soooo....my dog just might be smarter than a 3rd grader. Aaaaaannnnd...she's probably twice as annoying too!  Here's why.

When Quinley was a little puppy, (just a few short months ago), Beef Cake and I thought it would be really cool to teach her how to knock, with her paw, on the sliding glass door when she needed to go potty.  Brilliant concept, don't you think?  Or so we thought.  Because of course, having the smarts of both a Poodle and a Golden Retriever, she caught onto this within a few days. 

AHH-MAZING, right?  Like I said, my dog...smarter than a 3rd grader. 

But wait just a minute, of course this is not as perfect as it seems.  OH NO, that would be too easy.  So here's where the annoying part comes in.  Smart as she is, once she figured out each time she knocked on the door it would magically be opened...well, I'm sure you can figure out what started happening.  Yep...that's right, soon she was knocking on the door every 2 seconds just...well, because.

Because of construction plans, I am now working in the living room right next to...YUP, you guessed it...the sliding glass door.  And lucky me, I can't simply leave the door open to let her roam in and out because...being the 7 month old puppy she is, well...she gets into everything.  Plants have been ripped from the ground, fruit fallen from the trees have been eaten whole, seeds and all, twigs and branches have been pulled from lower portions of some of the trees and brought onto the patio for her to crush into a bazillion tiny pieces requiring the need for the GIGANTIC and quite heavy Shop Vac to be brought out.  If by chance you've read the book Marley & Me, all I need to say is that Quinley and Marley could be brother and sister.  Yes...that bad.

So the other day Quinley kept knocking at the sliding door and since I had a lot of work to do, I took my chances and let her out.  Yes, ALL BY HERSELF.  Big mistake.  If I haven't mentioned how much of true LOVE Beef Cake has for our backyard and HIS lawn, well I should mention it now because a large part of it ended up in, on and all around Quinley's snout and paws!  And I probably don't have to mention that Quinley wasn't the only one in trouble that day.  

Anyhoooodle...let's talk about this fun engagement session and I will get back to Quinley a bit later.  So here are Sheena and Dan, such a cute couple photographed by Barbara Ann Studios enjoying the GORGEOUSNESS of these beautiful tulips at a festival in Ottawa Canada.  I love the brightness of the blues and greens and how the tulips just POP.  And look at Sheena's fantastic eyes...stunning.  Work that camera girl! 

These two have a really cute story too.  Just after they got engaged, Dan flew Sheena and her girl friends to New York as a surprise so she could pick out her wedding dress. 

Now that's love!


Photography by Barbara Ann Studios

Venue:  Tulip Festival in Ottawa Canada

Submission via Two Bright Lights

Have a Fab You Bliss Friday!




____________________________________________________________





Back to Quinley, let's just say now when I let her out in the back yard, she tries to be really sneaky in her mischeivous way but this picture I took should tell the whole story.


What?  Diggin'...I wasn't diggin'....swear....




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Eddie Bauer Weekly Specials: A New Deal Every Monday.  Check Out This Week’s Special Offer.
Free shipping at JackRogersUSA.com

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP