My Thoughts on Getting Published + A Red & Black Wedding in Denver, CO

>> Thursday, June 9, 2011

As a photographer myself, I know what it's like to submit a wedding for publication.  It's nerve racking, exciting, scary and sometimes saddening if our work is by chance rejected.  But that's all part of our business.  We put our hearts into our craft and lay those same hearts out every time we show our work to anyone.  But the best way to not get published is not to submit.  And oh-how-sweet-it-is when we receive that email or phone call letting us know our work is going to be featured.  I know I've done a happy dance or two ;-)

So I think I have a pretty unique perspective being a publisher as well because I know what it's like to be on both sides.  That is not to say I am the absolute authority on everything photography or publishing because I definitely do not pretend to be.  But I do use the unique knowledge I have each time I shoot a wedding.  For example, I know in addition to all the must have shots, I'm going to capture as many detail images as possible because details give you the best likelihood at getting featured.  The more details the better because they help tell the story of your couple's day.  And that helps you too when it's time to put together their album.  Plus the more you know about the couple and all of the vendors that helped put their wedding together, the better your chances are of getting published.  Publisher's need to tell a story too...just sayin'.

From the publisher's viewpoint, it is so nice when I receive a wedding submission with so many detail images I am almost overwhelmed.  I say almost because having too many images to choose from is still never enough.  But I was thrilled when I received Nichole & Joe's April 30, 2011 wedding in Denver, CO submitted by Hardy Klahold Photography via Two Bright Lights as there are so many gorgeous images I kind of feel bad not being able to post them all.  But here are some of the images I truly love. 

What do you think? 






 








 



 





















Floral Designer:  Liz Nielsen at Floral Creations and Gifts

Submission via Two Bright Lights


Have a Fab You Bliss Thursday!

Stephanie

1 comments:

Mila June 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM  

Definitely a gorgeous wedding! Black and red is just so phantom-of-the-opera-esque that I just love it!

Post a Comment

Eddie Bauer Weekly Specials: A New Deal Every Monday.  Check Out This Week’s Special Offer.
Free shipping at JackRogersUSA.com

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP