A STUNNING Key West Wedding + Erasing My Bitter Beer Face

>> Friday, June 24, 2011

I love it when I have a real wedding which I CANNOT wait to share with you.  Today's post just so happens to be one of those weddings.  Although it is a bit older than I normally like to post and probably has been seen in several other places given it's from 2009, I went ahead and bent the rules this one time because, well...I can...they're my rules.  Woot Woot, that's the best part of being the boss.

Anyhow, Melorie and Art were married in Key West, Florida at The Reach Resort, a gorgeous venue in the Waldorf Astoria family with private a pier and gazebo overlooking the majestic turquoise blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean.  I think their images submitted by Joy Marie Photography via Two Bright Lights are absolutely stunning.  And there are so many favorites I don't even know where to start except to say this, I've never been to Key West or anywhere in Florida for that matter, although I've always wanted to.  And now...especially with the...let's just say less than stellar day I had yesterday, day 4 of trying to work amongst all this construction, I JUST want to jump into these pictures and let the tranquil setting erase the wrinkled irritation from my face.  You guys know what I'm talking about right?  The kind of irritation where you can see every ounce of tension reflecting back at you in the mirror and everyone else can too.  I call it Bitter-Beer-Face and I'm sure you can picture why.

BBF is not a good look and most days I do everything in my power to avoid it.  But when there's nowhere to go to escape the sounds of hammers and saws and sanders and workers talking about problems and issues and having drywall dust everywhere, especially in places it should NEVER be.  Not to mention having to struggle holding a 55 pound not-yet-trained puppy on a leash all day for fear she'll tackle and lick every worker to death.  But most of all the feeling that our bank account is dwindling to nothingness because of all the "un-expected" things, BBF is unfortunately inevitable.  

But today is a different day and I need to keep reminding myself our house will be on it's way to being gorgeous when this is done.  Plus it is FRIDAY!  Which means, even though we will have an electrician here doing some work over the weekend...there won't be the torrent of people that have been milling about for the last week.  So hopefully Bitter-Beer-Face will subside.  And not that any of us ever need an excuse for a relaxing day at the Spa...I mean, they're pretty much a right, right?  I'm thinking maybe a visit to the Spa will help my face return to normal.  Or at least I can hope...

































































































































































Photography by Joy Marie Photography

Venue: The Reach Resort Key West, Florida

Event Planner:  TC Event Design

Submission via Two Bright Lights

Have a Fab You Bliss Friday & Weekend!

Stephanie


2 comments:

Melina June 24, 2011 at 12:25 PM  

Oh so pretty! And the bride's dress and hair is perfect!

Post a Comment

Eddie Bauer Weekly Specials: A New Deal Every Monday.  Check Out This Week’s Special Offer.
Free shipping at JackRogersUSA.com

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP